PVA Gel (Bio Media)
PVA Gel is a biocarrier used to enhance wastewater treatment and thus protect our Earth’s Environment. Through over a decade of research and development, the product PVA Gel beads has established as an effective biological wastewater treatment technology. PVA gel is a Porous Hydrogel that is ideally suited for immobilization of microorganisms essential for the degradation of environmental pollutants.
- Extensive Porosity
- Oxygen Permeability
- Water Insoluble
- Fluidity in water
- Non Biodegradable
- MOC : Bridged Polyvinyl Alcohol gel
- Porosity : 10 to 20 micron
- Shape : Spherical Beads
- Specify Gravity : 1.025 +/-0.01
- Diameter of beads : 4.5mm +/-1.0mm
- Solubility : Insoluble in water
- Colour : Beads of white
- Settle Bead count : 20,000/ltr
Advantages of PVA Gel based Technology :
- ETP/STP Upgradation - Capacity of the existing plant can be upgraded 2 to 4 times of conventional system
- Sludge Reduction - PVA Gel Media is excellent for sludge reduction (total oxidation) due to lesser amount of biomass yield and higher endogenous decay rate of that sludge.
- Maintenance - PVA Gel is inert material and does not require any cleaning even after ten years of operation
- N&P Removal - PVA Gel technology shall be effectively used for removal of Nitrogen & Phosphorus from the wastewater.
- Ease of Modification - To upgrade the old ETP there is no addition of civil work required, even to triple the plant capacity! Only minor arrangements required.
- Application - Appication for both Aerobic and Anaerobic process.
PVA Gel Media in Anaerobic Process :
- PVA Gel media shall be effectively apply for anaerobic treatment.
- Shall be used in (a) Completely Mixed Hybrid Reactor (CMHR), (b) in conventional UASB reactor for capacity enhancement.
- Small footprints reactor saves cost, valuable land and energy for mixing.
- High COD / BOD reduction along with superiorCH4 content.