MBBR / FAB system
We design and supply Moving Bed Bio Reactor - MBBR technology and Fluidized Aerated Bed-FAB technology, which is widely used, advanced high rate wastewater treatment process. This system can perform efficiently in both batch and continuous operation. Here free-floating media is used which houses active biomass. It is energy conserving due to use of High efficiency advanced diffused aeration system. The media used in the process is durable and of High surface area. This is easy to operate and easy to upgrade system without any Civil Modification in existing plant.
The MBBR or FAB media we offer has void ratio of more than 90% ensures minimal or no clog of biomass inside the individual media element. This range of the medium and large surface media are easily suitable for any shape of reactor.
Features of media :
- Higher ratio of PSA/TSA (Protected surface area/ Total surface area) ensures maximum active surface area for biological activity.
- Configuration of media permits lower air quantity by encouraging fine bubble diffused aeration system.
- Media configuration ensures thinner and active bio film over it.
- Fluidity in water.
- Higher values of PSA/TSA ratio indicate lesser area is exposed for wear tear. This ensures biomass utilizes complete surface area available.
Media Specifications: :
|Surface area with pseudo rod||m2||317||815||1267|
|Waste container volume||m3||4||11||16|
Features of technology :
- Small foot print area
- Easy maintenance
- Low energy consumption
- Easy Up-gradation
- Simple operation
- MBBR/FAB system is essentially a hybrid process where attached and suspended growth takes place simultaneously.
- The media used is floating media, which provides large surface area for bacterial growth.
- As the media is in continuous movement, available surface area is constantly exposed to the wastewater hence uniform biological growth takes place over entire media surface.